iGigBook

iGigBook
Available on the iTunes App Store

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Inspiration From My Gospel Gig.

I play at a small church in The "Boogie Down" Bronx on Sundays and just recently acquired a ton of charts. Now I can take these 100 or so PDF's and drop them in my folder using iTunes for iGigBook and they'll show up in the "** My Scores **" section nicely alphabetized with the ability to search them, and that would be okay. I'll have easy access, but I want them to be in their own Gospel section and I don't want to combine them all into one book. Hmmm, what to do? Hmmm... Oh! Oh! I got it... I'll add a binders section to iGigBook so that I can drop all of the gospel charts in the gospel binder, all of the pop charts in the pop binder and all of the bossa nova charts in the bossa nova binder...you know where I'm going with this.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I dropped the 100 or so gospel charts onto my iPad and they now show up in the "** My Scores **" section. I trotted off to my rehearsal and discovered that even though these scores were intermingled with other scores that were non gospel related, I could still find whatever I needed by just searching for it. Which, by the way, is the quickest way to locate what you need.

    This brings up a interesting point of debate; if you can search and find whatever you want digitally, do you need to still resort to analog methods or organizing information? We organize infomation i.e. folders, binders etc, so that we can locate it later. These methods are used primarily because we can't just say; "Give me x,y and z out of that pile of one thousand documents" and have those documents appear out of the pile in the physical world. If we could, we wouldn't, in my opinion, use a lot of the analog organizational devices that we use to keep track of documents. All of this to say, that the addition of binders doesn't add any value when you can already quickly locate whatever you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete