iGigBook

iGigBook
Available on the iTunes App Store

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Adventures in technical support

Sometimes you encounter users that no matter what you do to try to help them they are just mad, angry, pissed off. Here's an actual email exchange:

User writes:

Hello.


I am utterly BAFFLED by the lack of ease of use to register your program I just downloaded for my iPad. Why make it easy when you can make it complicated seems to be your motto! I certainly hope that your app will be better than your website. So far, I am VERY underwhelmed. Thank you I advance for your prompt reply in resolving this.
My reply:
Okay, let me help you with this...

The first item in the Book List View is titled "** TAP HERE FOR HELP" and when you select that item you will see another item titled "* How To Register" that explains exactly what you need to do in order to register.
User replies:
Are you serious????
why do you think i reached out to support in the first place??? I was already there and besides the fact that your web address actually does NOT send you to your website (!), i see NOTHING about registering. Did you EVER have to struggle so much to register ANY app from the APP store, not to mention that your APP is the MOST expensive I have EVER downloaded! It’s a JOKE! Please send me a link or detailed information about how to register.
My reply:
Launch the iGigBook app and navigate to the Book List view which is the first tab on the bottom left.

The first item in the Book List View is titled "** TAP HERE FOR HELP" and when you select that item you will see another item titled "* How To Register" that explains exactly what you need to do in order to register.
If you're still having trouble accessing the ** TAP HERE FOR HELP item in the Book List view this link has the same information:

http://forum.igigbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=381
User replies:
IT DOES THE SAME THING!!!!!


ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? NO ONE SHOULD BE WASTING SO MUCH TIME TO REGISTER ANY APPLICATION. YOURS IS EXPENSIVE, SO FAR LOOKS VERY UGLY DESIGN WISE, YOUR SUPPORT LAME AND I AM STILL NOT ANY CLOSER TO BEING REGISTERED. YOU ARE JUST GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND OF YOUR LOUSY APP. IT’S KAFKA-ESQUE!!!!!
My reply:
Describe what it does so that I can better assist you.
User replies:
on the iPad application it says go to help register. Then it says go on the website to register. When I go on your website in Safari on my computer, there is not one single button that clearly and plainly says register. This website is the most confusing and frustrating website I have ever seen. Where do you register on www.igigbook.com???
My reply:
We specifically say that you register from the app, that's the only way you can register. You can't register from www.igigbook, you can't register from forum.igigbook.com.

The instructions I've been trying to give involve registering using the app. I've attached screen capture of what I was trying to get you to navigate to in the app, I've also sent this screen capture to you via facebook. The screen capture is the page you would view if you selected the item "** TAP HERE FOR HELP" and then selected "* How To Register".
Here's the screen capture:
User successfully registers and then replies:
You program is so cumbersome, and so not user friendly starting from the register step with the lame directions that I have asked for a refund. Now I find out that in order to actually get the PDF you still need to synchronize with iTunes!!! Really???? That is so 20th century. I have wasted so much time on this already. I will certainly right a review and share it to all my followers. Back to using the real analog fake book! What a joke!

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    No where does it say that iGigBook doesn't work on a MacBook Pro. Only after I purchased it did I navigate to the forum and read someone asking this. Also there is no place to contact customer support. I don't have an iPad. So I spent an hr trying to register without success, and would really appreciate my $14.99 back. How can we accomplish this?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should contact Apple and describe your situation to them. They operate the app store and process all of the purchases. You can also alert them that it's not clear when you're purchasing an app what device or devices it will run on. This could perhaps help someone else that makes similar assumptions about apps that they see for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that User had such a frustrating time. I have a PC and itunes and I find iGigbook to be absolutely great !!! It's a great way to get songs to and from gigs and practices. It does have a short learning curve unless you rush through the reading, then you miss important info, like how to register and you do that on the iPad and only on the iPad. So this is the other side. I highly recommend this app to all musicians who are storing their song sheets in 3 ring binders which get heavier and heavier with the song collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't seem to access my Set Manager or Gig (Set View). It worked fine and now it just revert back to my IPad home page? Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete